DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Editing my post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like the very short time limit on editing one own post removed — why only 5 mins

I would like the very short time limit on editing one own post removed — why only 5 mins
I believe that ALL of the basic functionality of the site is part of an available template. Dirk has said that nothing is cast in concrete yet so perhaps the 5 minute limit is a variable. Usually there is a time limit plus the condition that no further replies have been made to your post.

I would prefer what I have on BCG -- no limit to my edits of my posts.

I think the short time limit is there for a reason – it would be confusing if posts change while you're in the middle of a conversation.
That's just my opinion though. :)

I would prefer what I have on BCG -- no limit to my edits of my posts.

There is no limit at all as long as you do not hit "post reply". You even have a "save draft" at the top right hand corner of the text box.

So take your time as much as you want to. But do not hit post reply before you are sure that you want to send it really.

Only AFTER you hit reply, your editing time is limited to 10 minutes.

I like the way several forums I‘m on do it. You have 10 minutes to edit your message, as long as no one has replied quoting it. After that, again if no one has quoted it, you can edit your message but a note is added to it that it has been edited.

I think that gives enough time and opportunity to correct typos or other minor errors.

It is what it is.

We can continue to complain and repeat for the next 10 years, that dpreview had this or that feature, or we face reality and try to make the best out of the existing features and possibilities :z04-bier01:

It is like with cameras. If a specific feature on your camera is not exactly at the spot where you would love to have it, you do not stop using the camera, do you? You can still make great photos with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back