DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Logic be damned I bought an ND

Hi All,

Does anybody know where any stock fo the N digital is. Dirk any contacts you have to find where any stock might be? I have tried Paris and they will have some next month otherwsie Japan said they knew of stock but not where it is? Any new ones in the US that anybody has seen. I am in Australia and it is very hard to find anything Contax. Have been buying the N system fo B&H would love to find a N digital!

Thanks for any help.

Rodney

Join the club Rodney. Contax stuff is disappearing off shelves here in the USA very quickly.

See Dirk, we should have bought up all of the stock. Rarity leads to people wanting Contax even more.

I went out shooting yesterday and used the 35/1.4 and 85/1.4 primarily, with a smattering of 135/2.8. I'm elated. I was out shooting maybe 2.5 hours tops and can't believe I took around 200 shots. I was hoping the manual focus / stop down metering would help keep the shooting spree excess under control - so much for that theory
uhoh.gif
. I'll be uploading a few shots to the gallery tonight.

Hi,

it seems that many dealers want to wait before offer the Contax ND again. This is what our sources are saying. In the hope of getting a better price in 6 months than now. IMO that will be almost imposssible. Competition is not sleeping.

If Canon or someone else comes out with a fullframe sensor for around 3-5K, the price for an ND will tumble definitely under the current ebay prices. Nikon will just come out with a Nikon D50 and Nikon D70s end of April, very likely with a kind of D200 in autumn. Canon promised again a surprise for this fall. So we can expect a "hot" second half of 2005. And this does even not include the potential revival of the Contax name with a different cooperation partner or an SLR add-on for the Zeiss Ikon name...

So I put a big question mark under this wait and see strategy of some dealers. This does not mean, that the ND is not a very good alternative at the moment. It is still full frame, and only Canon can catch up there for a ultiple of the price
happy.gif

Regarding the ebay price from this HongKong dealer. This dealer tries to sell ND since almost 4 montsh now for the same price. Reflecting taxes, costums etc., the price is too high if you have similar ofers on ebay from the US.

Prices for a brand new ND with warrranty have been over the last couple of months on ebay between 2500 and 3000 USD. I think Kent got the last one. The last one on ebay a couple of days ago was from a private person in Canada, a used model, not brand new. He even did not respond to e-mails. I suspect therefore that he bid himself to the ca. 3200 USD he was "getting" on that auction. I made a test-bid with a very low price and 5 minuets later an unkown bidder bid a few bucks over me... a typical sign, that the seller tries to push the price upwards...

But I do think for other news, I will open a new thread. This one is getting to large (and to slow to open) for new readers
happy.gif

Back