DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Film for Wedding

remeife

Hi
Any of you experinced photographers that have a suggestion for what colorfilm to use for a wedding. It is outdoor shooting using fill in flash.

Regards - Leif

Neutral contrast neg films like Kodak Portra NC ... ISO 160 or 400 depending on the lighting situation.

I would suggest Fuji NPH 400 outdoor, and even NPZ 800 indoor.
The advantage is that being high sensitivity films they decrease a little bit contrast, which makes it easier to get correctly exposed both groom (black) and bride (white dress).
If you do not enlarge excesively, grain is not a big issue.

220 films are realy helpfull for wedding too.

10 years ago I used 2 A-70 back for wedding.
As 70mm films disapeared, the CFV is an interesting option !

Hi
Any of you experinced photographers that have a suggestion for what colorfilm to use for a wedding. It is outdoor shooting using fill in flash.

Regards - Leif

Portra NC. 160 or 400 ASA.

Don't use the VC variant, you want neutral skin colors.

I am not overly fond of the 800 ASA variant myself.

Wilko

As Wilko said, avoid vivid colours. Else wedding guests have a tendency to become red-faced, especially after the first drinks and dancing. I would also consider B&W in addition which is much more forgiving in this respect.

Ulrik

Back