DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New Contax G2 Kit Price too good to be true

keoj

Sorry for this thread, I'd rather be talking about technique and tips that price, but I couldn't help myself. I went on the Kyocera web site, looked around and noted that the the rebates that Contax is giving out for a new G2/Lens/Flash is substantial....$500. I then went on the site and looked around and found a dealer listed that had this kit posted for ~$1100. That means that I can get a new G2/45/Flash after the rebate of ~$600? Whats wrong with this picture. At other companies, the post rebate cost will be ~$900 (like B&H). What should I be wary of in the $600 deal? Thanks. It just seems a little too good to be true.

keoj

> Sorry for this thread, I'd rather be talking about technique and tips > that price, but I couldn't help myself. I went on the Kyocera web > site, looked around and noted that the the rebates that Contax is > giving out for a new G2/Lens/Flash is substantial....$500. I then went > on the site and looked around and found a dealer listed that had this > kit posted for ~$1100. That means that I can get a new G2/45/Flash > after the rebate of ~$600? Whats wrong with this picture. At other > companies, the post rebate cost will be ~$900 (like B&H). What should > I be wary of in the $600 deal? Thanks. It just seems a little too good > to be true.

Whose the dealer? Do the rebates apply to gray market cameras as well?

Regards,

Austin

The rebates only apply to cameras with USA warranty. (The filled USA warranty has to be sent to Kyocera to get your check)

> I suggest a call to Kyocera USA in New Jersey to settle the matter. They have an 800 number and are very helpful.

I also was curious about this. I spoke with Ruth in the Contax/Kyocera rebate department (wonderful woman). Gray market products Do Not qualify. Still, the rest of the details were confirmed, and the B&H price for the package, including the TLA flash is $899. Still, a pretty fantastic price.

Starting today they have lowered the prices before rebate! I think it's 10% off the regular price and the rebates are on top of that. B&H the G2-45-tla200 kit is now $1260 minus the $500 rebate the whole deal is $760! I paid that much for the same kit used 3 months ago. It is a amazing deal. Hmm maybe i need a second body...

So let me get this right. I can buy the kit from bhphoto. for 1260.00 and then I send in the rebate and they send me 500 bucks?

Let me know, If this is correct.
colin

This will sound stupid, but can they (Kyocera) even be making any money on this? Are the prices going so low because G2's haven't been selling at all? That is an extraordinarily low price if it is correct in my opinion. -Lynn

Back