DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Something is going on with Zeiss

dirk

DPRF-Founder
Administrator
Something is going on with Zeiss...

http://www.zeiss.de/C12567A8003B58B9?Open

Look at the Photokina special on their webpage. There, they write:

"Medium format is still considered the upper class of photography. It's no surprise either – it simply offers more. More picture, more fun, more possibilities. Carl Zeiss also offers more for the medium format at Photokina 2004. Find out more at Photokina 2004 – and on this page after September 10, 2004."

and

"Creative photography requires a flexible camera system with perfect optics. Our solution will be presented on Sept. 28, 2004 at Photokina 2004 in Cologne, Germany (Hall 1.2/ booth B040). Until then, you can check it out on this web page. Come back on Sept. 5 for an ex&le."

Of course we will update you on this. We will be also at the photokina, searching for the hottest news
happy.gif

September 5 is only 2 days away, so I shall hold my breath! If they release a new and affordable N-Digital, I may just cancel my order for the Canon 20D!

Thanks for this piece of news, Dirk!

Thanks for that Dirk, most exciting. Looking forward to seeing what is coming.
Also, it's great to see your picture in your posts. What a good idea.
Best wishes,
John

... thanks John...

...camera was too close (Contax SL300R by the way - I was playing with my son), so my head is slightly formed like an egg. But my wife found it funny, so I used that one. I guess this is the perspective my son (9 months) is seeing me currently. No wonder that he tries to stand up all the time
happy.gif

Regarding the Zeiss news. I am not very good in English, but the wording on the Zeiss page leaves room for any kind of speculations, both for Medium Format and for 35mm. So everything and nothing is possible. I did not want to raise any expectations in any direction.

We have an NDA with Kyocera til photokina. And we will respect that as with every other camera-producer. So I can only post news that are already public available. On Monday we will know hopefully a little bit more about it.

I wonder how much traffic Zeiss gets on its homepage over the next days
happy.gif

I'm ready! And since we're off-topic, I recently found another reason Kyocera has been busy with Zeiss (tongue in cheek) ...

We know Kyocera does lots of hi-tech industrial stuff. I was watching an Anime DVD (Ghost In The Machine: Stand Alone Complex) about cybernetically enhanced humans in the future and in one close-up of a face you could read "Carl Zeiss" among some markings around the retina
lol.gif
!

Anyway, this news is reason to party this week-end!

I just noticed that the CZ Photokina main page first says "35mm is still considered the upper class of photography" in the article lead-in, then switches to "Medium format is still considered the upper class of photography" when you click on "More ..."
lol.gif

Dirk, maybe you can warn them
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

I was visiting the zeiss site earlier and it looks like they will be teasing us for a while longer still. The only new info was a very close up pic of what looked to be a shutter release and exposure dial made of titanium or other lustrous metal. By the looks of it I would say it looks similar to the G2 dial... Perahps a G3 Digital? Maybe a Rollei digital like the Leica digilux? Either way, I see a digital rangefinder with zeiss optics in the near future. As far as the medium format goes I bet there is an updated 645 in the works as well at least some new lens like a 90-140 zoom to compliment the 45-90. Some excitng stuff. This is it...sink or swim. I don't think we could take another no show like at PMA. Can't wait! Tschus!!!

I'm pretty much with you, Lytton. In another thread I guessed a digital rangefinder w/ interchangeable lenses. I can't wait!

OK, they have a new image as promised, and it looks like a rather wide shot. Such psychological cruelty should be outlawed ...

Looking again at the medium format blip, it should be noted the pictured camera is a Hassy, not the Contax 645 ... hmmm.

I Just visited the zeiss site and in
the photokina page there is a new picture...

a slice of a lens on an alluminium body
with "gon 2.8" on it....
I bet it looks really like a rangefider...

What do you think?
Paolo

Back