DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sony Alpha 100

I forgot to mention that I had a very nice reply from Ian Broomhead of SRB. He doesn't stock the adapters but is going to review what is available and choose the best for them to stock. They are too busy to make them at the moment and cannot compete price wise on making their own.
When they decide on the one to have, they will check them over to make sure they are up to standard before offering them for sale. They may be sorted in a few weeks time.
Cheers,
John

Great news John
happy.gif

I'm glad SRB were able to give you some useful information, hopefully they will follow it up with something concrete soon.

"That must be the fast Nikon" you said
Yes the D2h can belt along at 8 frames per second.
Although it's only 4mp the results are quite excellent, which goes to show that more is not always better.
If the Sony invasion, motivates Nikon to develop the LBCAST further that would be very interesting.

To get back to the A100, I think it is a good start, but I'm keen to see were Sony go from here
happy.gif

> from what i can gather the Nikon is pretty much a dedicated press camera where 4 mpl are most probably more than adequate but for fine portraiture, landscapes and such, i don't think it's much chop... anyone here used one?

wayne

Hi Wayne

I feel I should clarify what I meant.
I don't mean the D2h is a camera we all should run out and buy, I was just pointing out the Nikon's LBCAST sensor is an interesting technology.

THe D2h can't compete with todays 8mp and beyond sensors, but it could easly match and even surpass some 6mp designs.
It can still do very well for a lot more than sports use, but it's no D2x.

The D2h is relatively old these days and Nikon didn't take the sensor technology further (probably for cost reasons?), rather relied on Sony sensors for their next generation cameras.
What I'm saying is, now that Sony are in the game so to speak, Nikon may have call to develop their LBCAST and that is I believe an interesting propect if it were to happen. (big if involved! lol)

> BTW, i had a look at the shopbot website and the cheapest price for the Nikon D2h in Australia is $5091!!!!!.... i think i might wait for Sony's rev&ed Dynax 9 thankyou very much.....

wayne

>.... oops, cross posts ...... i shoot a lot of thoroughbred and harness racing and for this purpose, the 7D is one big headache, literally.It's simply not fast enough, not strong enough... reacts badly to adverse weather situations. if a sony '9' doesn't turn up, i'm gonna have to go back to film and see if i can pick up a decent Dynax 9, which mightn't be a bad idea at all....

wayne

Yes, it is going to be very interesting keeping an eye on what Sony does. Interesting too that Nikon is bringing out a D80 which looks like a direct competitor to the A100 but with no mention so far of an anti dust feature.

Can someone confirm that the A100 will accept the Sigma AF lenses that were compatible with the Minolta?

I have several of the Minolta and Sigma lenses and that will be a factor when I decide what DSLR to get...

Thanks!

Any lens compatible with minolta maxxum/dynax cameras is compatible with the Sony DSLR. Some older sigma lenses have been reported to have problems, however sigma will upgrade the chip in the lens for free. You might wat to check with Sigma if you have old lenses.

hey rincewind!

got your recommended lens. Minolta 100-300mm APO D. cant wait for it come.

i do have another dillema though. seems the lighting quality of my pics in dark shots are way bad. or rather pretty much inconsistent.

im thinking of upgrading my flash if you guys here agree that this will be solution to dark pics.

cant decide which one to get though. so guys if you can help me out.

(link too long)

cant really tell the difference between the two so id appreciate if anyone can help me decide.

also if there are any other flash that you guys think would be way better than the two and would be compatible with my a100, please feel free to suggest.

thank you guys...

Back