DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

18-50mm F2.8-4.5 DC OS

larrycumba

Bought this brand new one week ago. Have taken about 30 shots with it. This morning I was going to use it and noticed the insides feel loose. Not a like a screw or something like that but the whole thing. If I hold it in a vertical position and even gently shake it back and forth I can hear it and feel it. I have other lens that have a small amount of play but this one seems excessive. Does anyone else have this lens and does it exhibit the same "play" as mine? Do you think this is normal and just the nature of the build? Thank you, Larry.

Larry...that is the lens attached to the OS system...it is supposed to move freely..until you snap the picture...all my OS lenses do that...

Start to worry if the pictures are not coming out sharp...then it needs to go to Sigma for an alignment...

Happy shooting...look forward to viewing your shots...

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

follow up

Went back to the store and grabbed another one. It had the same rattle and the salesman said the same thing as tc95. So I will use it and not worry about it.

Back