DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

X3F and SPP4

nikolayri

Hi, when I load a x3f in SPP4 at first it shows the image as it is taken from the camera (DP2s), then it automatically changes the settings (in the backgound), so the image becomes much more desaturated. At first I thought this is the 'auto' setting, but when I choose 'x3f' setting it still looks different than the way it looks when I've just loaded it. Please if anyone can explain what is going on here. Thanks in advance.

Initially preview/embedded jpeg part is displayed, after loading raw data is shown. If you're shooting in AWB mode, then camera adjusts probably more parameters automatically too.

If you're using Windows, then another problem is monitor default color profile. JPEG preview is displayed without applying monitor profile, raw data already uses profile. If it is something else than sRGB (you're using calibrated display for example or wide gamut display with manufacturer profile), then raw data has different colors for sure.

OK, so the x3f has jpg part embeded into it, right? How can I get that one? There are cases I want to use it directly.

In SPP browser/thumbnails window select needed X3F files and choose "Convert to JPEG file" from File menu.

Back