DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

I chose Sigma because...

xectis

Hello all,

I simply wanted to state my reason for wanting to choose Sigma (looking for a DP1 for now) as my mostly only camera, even with all of its 'quirks': I never follow the sheep herd as Sigma has not either...and the camera lens of course.

Welcome, Xectis.
Good luck in your search. Nowadays DP1's are quite cheap and a good starting point to feel how the Foveon sensor works.
Look forward to see your samples.
Regards.
Jes.

Hi

try to get a DP1s, not the older DP1. It is worth it.

Best wishes

Fully agree. And also get a HA11 tube and a matching UV filter. The DPxx family is known by not being sealed at the lens/body junction. I've seen some DP1 and DP2 with dust in the sensor. Not easy to remove. Better to prevent.

Regards.
Jes.

Dp1

Thanks to all for the feedback. Although I've seen a very cheap DP1 I will take the advice to get the DP1s instead.

Back