DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Tamron 90mm Macro on digital

H

hendrik_louw

Hi all,

I'm currently looking at the Tamron 90mm Macro (on a F80). In future I will however also be looking at digital, thus I would like to know whether there are anybody using this lens on a digital body and whether it works well. I do not want to buy a lens that will not work in future.

Hendrik - How does this compare (cost) with the 105 2.8 AFD and 60mm AFD? There are lots of these for sale - used. I would like to see ex&les of digital images made with these lenses since I have a pre D 60mm that I use with an N8008s, no DSLR yet. Tom

Thanks Tom. I compared the 105 2.8 and the Tamron 90 2.8 and the price difference was quite a percentage. Although the built quality may not be the same, it does seem like the handling and image quality of the Tamron is of the best.

Back