DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Adapter MAM1 Hasselblad T To Contax 645

dirtyharry

The Kyocera website displays no real information on the MAM-1.They have thus far not responded to my emails for information.Where can one find detailed information? The retailers websites don't give anything but a listing of the part #993370 and the price.

Hi Don, when I looked for a MAM-1 earlier this year, I was told by B&H that it was discontinued, and I see they no longer have the item on their site (whereas there are still adapters for Hassy lens for 35mm Contax bodies). I did find one in February by using Google to locate small photo dealers with web sites...some small dealer in CT sold me their last one. You may have to do that, as they don't seem to pop up often on eBay (if at all).

Hi Don, This is true as I also checked with Contax in the U.K. and it is no longer available something to do with Hasselblad no longer willing to supply the Hassie side of the mount.
The Contax Gallery in London did have them but also have another mount done by Novaflex that doe's the same job but not as well built as the MAM-1 its also £100 less about £250 retail.
Cheers Bob

>=20 >=20 >=20 > I use MAM-1 quite often with the Apo-Tessar 300/2.8 TPP. What I usually = do is > go to the largest F stop for focus, then stop down for checking the depth= and > set either 645 at AV or N1/ND at AV ( in combination with NAM-1 ), the re= sult > is very good. I have no problem getting good result ( correct exposure a= nd > precise focus ) from the captioned setting. Brgds/kaisern >=20 > =20 >=20 >=20 >=20

When you use the NAM adapter, do you lose the Automatic functions? and does it only work in Manual aperture (or aperture priority)?

Geoff

Geoff, Yes to your answer as the lens is used in the stop down mode however the Focus confermation light still works even though you are focusing in manual. Also can lock the camera in B and fire from the leaf shutter in the lens for e.g.1/500 sec flash sync if required. Works well with all the lenses except the new H1 Mount. Bob

Geoff after posting to you I see you asked about the NAM and not the MAM as if the Header.
NAM-1 is for using the Contax 645 lenses on the N1 ND or NX 35mm SLR style camera in which case all is automatic and you do not lose anything.
MAM-11 is for using Hasselblad lenses on the Contax 645 as last posting referes to this.
So there is MAM - 1 and NAM - 1 Confusing Yh! Bob

With MAM-1 you can not use the leaf shutter onHaselb.optics. And you can not use spotmetering, only average.

Bob & Geir,

You seem to disagree as to the use of the leaf shutter in the Hassy lenses for faster flash sync on a C645. Are you both speaking from experience? I've never tried any Hassy glass on my C645 and would really like to know the correct answer to this.

Guy

Back