DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax NDigital (ND)

Irakly,

Can you be more specific, step by step, in how to download and install the firmware upgrade? Which root directory do you mean?

-----Original Message----- From: Contaxinfo.com [mailto:forum@contaxinfo2.com] Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 9:05 AM To: terryhill@5pillars.com Subject: Review N-Digital

------------------------------------------------------------ Contax User Forum: Contax Digital Cameras: Review N-Digital ------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Irakly Shanidze on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 3:03 pm:

Dirk, it is as official as it gets. I wrote to Kyocera, Japan and they say that's exactly the stuff that Contax USA will have a link to. Ona safe side, one still may want to hold back on the firmware upgrade, but I see nothing dangerous about the new RAW Developer as anyone can reinstall the first version at any time should the need arise (I just don't see why).

where is the firmware stuff and what does it do? ho to get a hold of it??

The instructions on the provided web pages are very detailed and specific both with regards to how to download and how to install RAW Developer and firmware. The only problem was, as I said, that when you lounch firmware.exe file, it creates a tree of folders windows/@#$%^/contax/C_BOX103, where the second folder has a japanese name. You won't be able to see it unless you unpack the file to a CF card inserted it a card reader. After unpacking, just mode CONTAX folder and everything that is inside of it to the root of the CF card. that's it.

thanks, just downloaded and installed the 1.08. i like it. also the raw 2 seems to do a lot more but the interface is still very weak, it seems a first time programmer who knows the technical but nothing about programming, has done the job. typically these are just test programs but in this case it is a full release

Merhardad, you know, usually programming user interface is at least twice as costly as writing the logistics part of any computer software. It is even worse if GUI design does not conform to some standard (like similarity across Miscrosoft or Adobe products). Besides, Mac version looks much better - it seems that the software was written initially for Mac OS, and later adopted for PC.

Back