DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Zeiss 35-70 zoom blues

alanb

This past weekend, my attempt to sell my Zeiss 35-70 for ContaxG on Ebay attracted no bidders. I suspect that one major reason for this was the fact that I felt obligated to disclose that when you put a filter on this lens the ring that holds the filter moves when the filter is fully on. Since the lens works very well in all respects, I opined that this might have been intended as a way of preventing overenthusiastic wrists from overtightening filters. Yet, since I was not able to document this, I disclosed and the rest is history.

Question, does anyone else have a 35-70 that does the same thing with filters? Does anyone know if my hypothesis is correct and whether the phenomenon I described is normal? If not, any theories on what the matter might be?

I welcome your advice!

Thanks
Alan

Alan,
I will check my 35-70 when I get back to Dana Point on Sunday--but I am almost certain that my filter ring does the exact same thing.
Jack

Back