28MM

M

martoski

It is question of money. 28mm F 1.9 voigtlander, or other. VS Leica, even 2nd hand ?
I need something in between my 15mm & 50mm, for now.
Any suggesstionnn.

THANK A LOT.

victor

L

leica_cl_m

Just one idea from me. If You count Your bucks, then: a used Elmarit 21mm - a wonderful lens! I.m.o. from 1:5.6 comparable with the expensive APSH version. But: I tested Voigtlaender 21 und 25 mm, and i think, the 25 is the better lens (the VERY good finder is enclosed), and really close at the expensive Elmarit 24, which i use now. And it fits between Your 15 to 50mm lenses.
Giselher

faria

Let me give you a controversial tip. Why not the 2.8/28 mm M-Hexanon ? It is an outstanding lens and costs a lot less than the Elmarit. It is more expensive than the 28 mm voigtlander though.
IMO with the DOF of the wide lens even if there are any tiny differences in focus accuracy you will not notice them at all.
Regards,

Fernando Faria

J

jgea

I have not tried other 28mm for Leica cameras, but I am very happy with the Voigtlander, and it is 1 stop faster than anything else except the Leica asph.

My general feeling is that the Voigtlander lenses are generally superior to any "classic" lenses for Leica cameras, including older Leica lenses. To get better lenses than the Voigtlander (which, buy the way, are not cheap new or used when considered on their own) you have to go to the newer Leica offerings.

Juan