DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Review Contax RTS III

Thanks, for your responses. Yes, I am using the release button next to the film rewind... and with the main switch on and in the B position.<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">• know what is the problem still.
happy.gif
Thanks. Petinto.

You are almost there! Now depress the mechanical cable release and lock it. The shutter will not open until you press the main shutter release, or the electronic Contax cable release, or one of the timer options. When you are ready to again close the shutter, unlock the mechanical cable and exposure is complete. The film will advance to next frame.

The really good news about this method is that the camera batteries are not discharged while holding the mirror and shutter open.

Thanks a lot Ron! I think this could be the reason. I will try and will let you know. Best regards. Thepotro7

Can anyone tell me the year of manufacture of an RTS III from it's serial number? I'm looking at a 2nd hand model with the serial number of 019X07 (I can't make out the 4th digit). Any help would be good. Thanks

Can anyone tell me the year of manufacture of an RTS III from it's serial number? I'm looking at a 2nd hand model with the serial number of 019X07 (I can't make out the 4th digit). why is the fabrication year important. there are no low quality productions.

It seems to be a early one. There isn't a possibility to get the = production year based on the serial#. I got mine in january 1990 = (serial# <10000) Spare parts are also produced eary. So when after = repair the top cover had to be changed, it's also possibel to get a = serial# in that range.

thanks guys. Michael, I'm just curious as to how old the body is that's all!
happy.gif
So, a serial number doesn't give you the year of fabrication? But it would appear that it's an early 90's model, is that right? The seller has told me it's around 5 years old (they think)..... Anyway, thanks again for your help.

I've recently acquired a 2nd hand RTS III and, after reading the manual, I didn't success with the pre-flash ttl manual flash capability. I've made:
1- mount the flash on the shoe and turn on
2- turn on the camera in manual position
3- set the camera to M position and adjust speed to x125 and the aperture
4- when the flash is ready, I turn the pre-flash lever and... the camera don't makes nothing

What's wrong? make I something wrong or the camera doesn't work properly?

I've made the test with a non-dedicated flash. In theory (manual, p. 116) it could work.

>What you are doing sounds correct. It should work fine even with a non dedicated flash. I just checked with a manual Sunpak flash unit that does not have TTL capability. When you turn the preflash lever, the flash should fire and you should get a reading in the viewfinder. It sounds like there is either a problem with your flash (have you tried it on a regular SLR to make sure it is working) or your RTS3. Does the flash fire if you use it in a normal fashion on your RTS 3?

Back