DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

First impressions Digilux 1

I have to add:
This picture is of course heavily reduced in size and it has a compression rate that is way higher than the original. So there is a considerable loss in detail. But the colours still hold, I think.

>[..I took Digilux files and coverted them to black and white. Then I ran >them through Genuine Fractals and printed them with quad-lack inks and >Piezography as 16x20 posters. They looked great and the client was very >pleased..

Tina

>.]

No, seriously. It sounds alright. But it isn't cheap. And it's yet another thing to schlepp around with.

>This is what I use but be aware it's not cheap, the battery powering the >mindstore lasts nowhere as long as my D100 batteries -back to not being >cheap - it feels cheap. I would like to see an iPod like device that >looks like a totally imprervious device - like a pacemaker - mindstor is >not solid feeling. Also be aware that there is a product out on the >market - sp? Nexvue or something like this that not only stores but by >LCD allows playback of the images - its' ~$500 - now for twice as much >you can get a 12" apple laptop that does EVERYTHING although the footprint >is bigger.

ernie

:)

If only I had a couple of 1Gb SD-cards...

(That will not be cheap either, but as far as footprints go...)

But consider this: nowadays, when you are in area where you can use a digital camera (i.e. near enough to a wall socket to reload the batteries), you are probalby also near a computer with a cd-burner in it.
So, why bother with the extra gadgets at all?

...and the Macintosh i-Book is kewler too. $999 for an Apple laptop, whod a thunk it? The 12" PowerBook isn't THAT much more expensive than that either...

Dana Curtis Kincaid

"you can get a 12" apple laptop that does EVERYTHING although the footprint >is bigger.

Ernie"

Back