DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Flas Bracket

Albert:

AS ALLWAY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.
I CALLED REALLYRIGHTSTUFF TODAY.
THEY TOLD ME THAT THE FLASH ARM DOES NOT WORK WITH THE C-645.

Anybody has any other sugestions????

Steve

C-645 owners:

I got an e-mail from Custombrackets as follows:

In response to your email:

QRS-35-EV with camera mounting plate C35-CD for your Contax if using the
hot shoe of the camera. If not using the hot shoe, since I'm not sure what
flash you will be using, choices would be QRS-35 or QRS-35-H along with
the C35-CD camera mounting plate. Also, QR quick release receiver for
your tripod.

Anyone tried this model with C-645 & MP-1????

Albert how much does your bracket weight????

Sincerely,

Steve

Steve,

My bracket is weight about 10-16oz. But it is relatively light comparing to my C645 + 45-90 + flash, which is over 6 lbs alone. The bracket is pretty ergonomic and I can hold the camera with one hand on the shutter and the other hand on the zoom. However, one of my lady shooter friend has to use both hands on the camera and on the bracket, leaving no hand to move the zoom or change aperture. The zoom itself is about 2.8 lbs itself. Using other lens will be more hand-held-able.

I am very skeptical about the QRS-35-xx and C35-CD combo since they are primarily designed for 135 camera. judging from the web picture of the C35-CD camera plate, it does not have enough room for the camera body and film back. I could be wrong. The dedicated camera plate for the C645 is for the medium format bracket which has two pins to avoid body twist.

Albert.

Dear Friends

RE: Contax 645 Preflash vs manual mode

I am tring to get a good exposure using a Metz 54mz-4 flash with contax module on C645 on a custom bracket.

While the C645 is in maunual mode (A-5.6/S-1/60) and Metz flash is in TTL, with no film in the camera; I fired the shutter.

The Metz 54mz took about 4 seconds to recover, no exposure O.K. light on the Metz, and the C645 view finder's flash signal (that looks like a lighting) disappeared and came back in about 4 seconds as well.
I guess this means under exposed result according to metz & C645.

However (in same setup a-5.6/s-1/60, flash in ttl); when I pulled the Pre-flash lever-every thing was O.K. Flash recoverd instantly, Exposure O.K. light lit on the Metz, flash exposure light in C645 blinks saying good exposure.

Can anyone explain the difference????

I do not have a digital back to check this.

Can anyone check this with a digital back and let me know please.

It doesn't make any sense why the flash would take less time to recover and say good exposure when the pre-flash lever is pulled but under exposed in manual mode.

Thanks

Steve

Back