DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Does your Contax RX underexpose

> Still, it's an interesting debate, and I would welcome other's > opinions if they have owned both older and newer Contax models.

I have owned a 139Q body for years. In the time they came to the market, the different test of different reviews noticed that the two both overexposed 1/3.

I normally use ASA100 slide film (kodak Ektachrome, Kodak Elite). In the 139Q I have to set the film sensibility to ASA125 (-1/3) in the camera to have correctly exposed photos. When I've used ASA 400 film have noticed the same effect.

I have noticed the same effect in a yashica FX-3 body (3 years older than the 139Q).

Nowadays, I have an RTSIII 2nd hand body acquired some months ago and the metering is different. I 've tested the body pointing the same scene with a DX-capable film. I've obtained the same results (same speed and f-stop) adjusting the film sensibility manually or activating the DX authomatic adjust, using the center weight metering. I've burned some rolls of Sensia and the new Ektachrome G (both in ASA100) and all (well, the most) slides were correctly exposed using the DX authomatic adjust on the RTSIII.

That's my experience.

Back