DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Soon a Sigma!

D~C

Hello everyone,

Just want to briefly introduce myself.

I'm primarily a high definition cinematographer using a Panasonic HPX170 with a Cinemek G35 35mm adapter (Nikon SLR lenses). I'm scaling back a bit to expand (sounds ironic, eh!) my shooting into still photography.

I've been in the love with Sigma's FOVEON cameras since my friend introduced me to them some years back. I don't own one (yet), but I have done a little bit of shooting with the SD14.

Hopefully I will be able to purchase an SD15 upon release. Does anyone know when it is actually coming out?

There are a good amount of my colleagues that "dog" the Sigma SD line and prefer the latest Nikon/Canon offerings. But I still prefer the images from the SD cameras. And so does my Sigma friend. There's just a certain something about them . . .

:)

Greetings DC ...

... and welcome to the forum. You'll be made very welcome here. I see your supposed "retrograde" step as something of a "seeing the light" moment for you. :)

Take a look around as there are many users here that are getting excellent results using the Foveon / Sigma combination.

Sincere regards, Jim Roelofs

Please visit my humble gallery @ www.pbase.com/jrdigitalart

D~C...your right...there is a special something about it....!!!

The SD15 probably will not be out till the end of the year or beginning of 2010...

You can get a killer deal on an SD14...right now....!!

I look forward to your work....

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Thank you both for the warm welcome! :)

I was surprised to hear that the SD15 possibly won't be out until late 2009 or 2010 even. I thought the SD15 was supposed to be shipping already. I wonder what the hold up is with Sigma? Perhaps a redesign? Regardless, I'm in no rush so I'll wait. I can always borrow the SD14 from my friend in the meantime.

Also . . . I think my prayers were answered . . .

SIGMA SD14 , CUSTOM NIKON-F , MOUNT REPLACEMENT KIT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250438454885

This is FANTASTIC news for me! I'll be able to use my Nikon mount lenses with the Sigma SD14 (and presumably the SD15). I realize that autofocus will go away with this changeover but that's an acceptable tradeoff for me!

Anyone who is interested to see some of my motion picture cinematography can watch here:

http://davoramediagroup.com/reel/

I've shot and continue to shoot in various genres, but I tend to specialize in horror, psychological drama and just generally odd tales. You have been warned. :)

Thank you both for the warm welcome! :)

I was surprised to hear that the SD15 possibly won't be out until late 2009 or 2010 even. I thought the SD15 was supposed to be shipping already. I wonder what the hold up is with Sigma? Perhaps a redesign? Regardless, I'm in no rush so I'll wait. I can always borrow the SD14 from my friend in the meantime.

Also . . . I think my prayers were answered . . .

SIGMA SD14 , CUSTOM NIKON-F , MOUNT REPLACEMENT KIT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250438454885

This is FANTASTIC news for me! I'll be able to use my Nikon mount lenses with the Sigma SD14 (and presumably the SD15). I realize that autofocus will go away with this changeover but that's an acceptable tradeoff for me!

Anyone who is interested to see some of my motion picture cinematography can watch here:

http://davoramediagroup.com/reel/

I've shot and continue to shoot in various genres, but I tend to specialize in horror, psychological drama and just generally odd tales. You have been warned. :)

Horror of horrors!

Gawd, had a look @ that clip and now I have to go see a chemist for some effective sleep aid to get me through the next few nights! ;) Just as well you warned me. :)

Seriously, there's ample evidence there of some solid work, on both sides of the camera, I may ad. Seeing as you seem to be having a lot of fun doing this type of production, there would be no need to pay you, right? :)

Anyway, with your talents and all, I look forward to seeing some of your stills work.

Sincere regards, JR

Very cool video

BTW, After watching that, I'll sleep fine. It was cool imagery but nothing was disturbing - at least for me ;)

D c

Hi and welcome

The last official word on the SD15 was two month after the DP2 (Japan launch late April 2009); so it should be anytime soon.
But, even the various country representatives are unable to get any date confirmed from Sigma.
Delays are not unheard of regarding Sigma, so I would not be surprised if we do not see the SD15 for some month yet.
I try to publish all official information about the SD15 here: http://foto.nordjylland.biz/SD14/SD-15-specs.htm
On my site you also find a bit about the SD14.

Cool video, BTW.

kind regards
Øyvind

Back