CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

35mm f2 summicron lens hoodshade

graeme

I would like to get a lens hood for my 35mm f2 summicron (Canadian one with focus tab) but they seem to be expensive and not that easy to come by. Do I have to buy a leica hood? Anyone know the best place to get one?

Thanks,
Graeme

peter_n

You don't have to buy a Leica hood but the OEM hoods are designed for the lens and the camera. If you buy the Leica hood you can be sure that you will not suffer from a vignetting effect and that there will be a cut-out in the hood in the area where it will obstruct your viewfinder.

Other alternatives are Heliopan who make a large variety of hoods, get the small 39mm metal - don't know whether you will get vignetting or a clear viewfinder though. Model nr. is 9803-1039. In Europe
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, in the US

Steve Gandy also sells hoods. Click on the link below and scroll down a bit and you will see them on the page.

peter_n

Graeme if your lens is code nr. 11310 or 11311 then the Leica hood for it is nr. 12524. In any case, check out Erwin Puts' Leica M lens page (link below) for a useful listing of lens info.

H

hektor

Dear Graeme,

There are plenty of IROOA/12571 available and which was produced until 1963. After that the not so common 12585 was made.