DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

350D over exposure

A

antonyb

Hi all,

A friend of mine has just bought a 350D and 18-55 kit. I took him out for some lessons at the weekend with my 20D and 17-85 in tow.

After a few shots it would appear that his 350D is overexposing by a full stop pretty much every time - more noticebly in automatic or programme modes.

Has anyone else come across this with the 350D?
Do you perhaps think it is a firmware issue (he has the latest 1.0.3)

Thanks!

Antony

(PS> i should add that it was not user error, purposfully underexposing 1 stop produced a perfect histogram)

> I hve been using the original digital Rebel and have not had a problem with > overexposing. I usually set it to manual entirely. I have to watch that I > don't underexpose when checking the image on the LCD screen.

thanks for that Mary - it would appear that it was his lens... the 18-55mm. He has a nice shiny new Tamron 18-200mm and everything has happily corrected itself. No problems at all.

happy.gif

I have the same problem with my Rebel and 17-85 lens...overexposing some time 2 stops outdoor. Think I need Tamron ?

Back