DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Nikonbs new lens mount system General Discussion

Hi Almon,

I am very curious how then Color Foto is explaining this in the next print edition
happy.gif

On the other hand we will see what happens at the end of this year. Up to now, there is no other source then Color Foto for confirming this rumour. I wonder what Nikon will discuss now with them over the next days...

But hey looking at the wording:

>"NIKON IS NOT PLANNING ON CHANGING THE >STANDARD "F" MOUNT ON NEW CAMERAS."

Color Foto was saying, that there will be new cameras with the current F-mount. They said IN ADDITION they will bring up a new mount. So if somebody has the time and the fun (or is a lawyer) can make analysis of the wordings and the interpretation range
happy.gif

I am not interested in this. I thisnbk that would go too far. Time will tell. I shoot still with Nikon and do not mind whether it will be the old mount or a new mount as long as the results are good...

Regarding the this D2 rumour I would be cautious. It is easy nowadays to make something like this in photoshop.

But it is logical that Nikon will bring out new models. That is how everybody is making money
happy.gif

Regarding the new lens mount article in the magazine "Color Foto". In the new edition they neglected it and wrote the article as it would not have been them who announced that rumour
happy.gif

Funny world...

I had to pause during my reading of this thread and I watched the “The Great Train Robbery†the first silent film. Now that I have finished reading this thread, I think I will let you folks blaze the digital trail.

Good Luck

I can still use today my father's 30 year-old lenses (not that I am inclined to do so since I have a good range of my own).

The MAIN reason for me to move to a Nikon digital from my F801s and (expensive) 5-lens package that I have is the compatibility I get from the likes of D100, etc.

The 1.5x factor is, naturally, very annoying for someone like me who specializes in landscape photography.

If Nikon switches mounts...I would be angry indeed.

I think the best solution would be for Nikon to work harder to come up with a full-size sensor (or at least, a better magn.factor, e.g. 1.3?)

Nikon says they are commited to 1.5x image sensor, which is great for 4-6 magapixels. But how there going to cram 8-10 megapixels on the same size sensor without introducing noise is the question. This is where I see them coming out with a 1.3x or full size sensor at 8 to 11 megapixels.The mount will remain the same with heavy emphases on the new DX series lenses for the 1.5x size DSLR,s.

From what I've been told, Nikon is catering to the photographers need for speed. Most pro's are not concerned about CCD size anymore at all since software is available to make images any size you desire. That was the idea behind the D2H.

Back