DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

F3 and bayonet lenses

W

walker2132

Today I received an F3 with a motorized drive that I purchased over EBAY to use my collection of NIKON Bayonet mount lenses. Did I pull something totally stupid?! When I tried to connect any of my Bayonet lenses none of them would fit and there was no bayonet on the F3. SO, do I now sell the F3 body or the lenses? I had hoped to have a good NIKON body and use the top of the line lenses to have a high quality and very reliable film camera. SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED!!!

If you had the lenses first and the idea of buying the body was to use the lenses, it would seem to me that you made a mistake in buying the body.
I say resell the body and take the loss, who knows, you might even be able to resell the body at a profit.

May I suggest a Nikon F4s? It takes the autofocus and manual lenses. It is the most versatile Nikon Pro camera. The price difference with an F3 is about $100 for an excellent condition body, and it has the motordrive attached for the price. check www.keh.com as a great source for new and used Nikons (I have no affiliation with them).

Back