DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Issues with banding.

Hi all,

Notalent, good point about the analog displays. I have no idea what was wrong with the calculators, only that the catalyst of the problem was weak batteries.

Steaphany, if its one of my pictures that I want to display to someone, we will definitively be on the higher side of your example. my counter hit the 3rd pass on 10,000 last week-end. And I don't do the high count exposures like you do. my post to shutter count ratio is mighty slim... :)

Akv,, I 'm with you on the banding issue,,, for me, its basically a non-issue because of its frequency. This instance the battery got away from me as I got sidetracked with the amount of birds and the fishing that they were doing. Sometimes I can shoot 300 and not have a keeper... sometimes raw lo is the way to go, to get the higher burst rate and its significantly less //transfer + proscessor time. When I do get to the subject area where I start to want to keeper, its time to go raw hi.

Robert

akv & Robert,

I've learned from experience to keep every exposure, that said, not every photo is what I would rate as being perfect. Still, I classify the less than perfect as:

• Experiments to learn from

• Containing good elements which can be extracted

• Worth saving for a time when my skills would permit rescuing

• Last chance photos

The last being something that I feel needs an explanation. Several years ago, I had a Horse born here on my ranch and I shot about three photos. Since this baby was moving about, all were severely blurred. I figured that I'd be shooting better photos later, so these photos could be deleted, at the time I just didn't bother. It turned out that this Horse was born with a congenital birth defect, falling ill with hours of being born, rushed into emergency 3AM surgery, and I learned she pass away when I was calling the vet to authorize a second surgery. The blurred photos that I just didn't bother to delete are all that I have. This taught me to never discard any photo.

I couldn't agree more, I still have old 8mm vid's of my dogs that I have used Snappy to create *high* (by old days standards) resolution photos, because I simply had nothing else. And those mean MORE to ME, than any photo that people would line up and pay money to see.

One of the doggies was terrible camera shy, and anything that remotely resembled a camera, and she would be in the other side of the yard hiding her face. Furthermore, if I even walked towards where she knew the camera was staged, she's would hide. So all I have of her is some fuzzy 640 x 480 aged video clips, mostly of her taking off away from me, however, I can pull stills off of it. Simply priceless... thanks for the walk down memory road.

g'night

Back