DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

SD14 greenish tint on the LCD

jesito

Just to be sure it's normal (or not):

All the pictures look greenish in the LCD screen when viewed, but are great when downloaded to the PC...

Is it normal?. Does it happens to your SD14s as well?

Thanks in advance.

Jes.

I get the same thing. I suspect it's something to do with the sensor as the images look green when they are initially loaded up in SPP, before WB correction has been applied which fixes them.

You're right. After SPP pictures get right.
I'm afraid this would continue progressing towards the green. I did noticed it at first when I got the camera, but it was a subtle green tint that I supposed it was normal. But now it looks much greener.
Have you contacted SIGMA?.

Regards,
Jes.

No, I haven't. I suspect it has something to do with the sensor being more sensitive to green, hence the raw file having a green tint. It doesn't bother me as the processed images look fine. The worst bit is having to explain it when I'm showing images to someone else.

I noticed my SD14's firmware was ver 1.7 so I upgraded to 1.8 from the SIGMA site. Nio improvements on the green cast after the first tests.
What I've noticed is that raising ISO to 800 the green cast seems to dissapear... Need to do more tests.

Regards.
Jes.

Back