DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Wish List Dynax Maxxum 9D

dirk

DPRF-Founder
Administrator
Hi folks,

since there are already threads available for the 9D, I wanted to be the first one to post here
happy.gif

I think it is just a question of time when Konica Minolta will introduce a pro model after the 7D. Looking at the branding in the past, it is not very difficult to guess, that there will be sooner or later a Maxxum 9D and a Maxxum 5D.

Looking at the specs of the soon to be available 7D, I would be interested in what your wish list is for a 9D for professionals.

What does the 9D have to have over a 7D to be attractive for you or professionals in your opinion?

Hi Sefferin.

For me it would have to have the following features/improvements on top of the 7D spec.

Dust/weatherproofing of all switches and shutter release.
Full magnesium alloy body front and rear, or titanium enhanced
5fps (or higher) for at least 20frames in raw mode.
Very fast write times to card
Instant (less than 200 milliseconds) power on and no wake up delay.
Fast mirror return speeds and mirror lock up
Shutter speed increased to 1/8000 or higher
Larger sensor pixel depth, 8mp or higher
Flash sync at least 1/500sec
Top plate lcd

This next lot are just icing on the cake.

Live view to the rear TFT with histogram data and/or live histogram overlay to the finder.
Swing out TFT for waist level use.

Single mechanical shutter speed in case of battery failure (LOL)

For me (non-professional):
- More pixels, 12-14 mp
- Maximal colour depth
- Preferable full size, without AS, but I won't object to a 1,5x crop factor with AS. But AS is not a necessity IMO
- Small power on delay time
- 4 fps is more than adequate for me
- flash sync 1/250
- please: no live view
- sturdy body
- same compatability with 3th party lenses as the Dynax 7 (this ís important for me)
- weatherproof, as this always should be with an expensive, professional body

Summary: the most important item, a spectacular sensor!!!

All of the above + ...

If not full sized sensor, then allow us to specify sensor position. This will give us free perspective shifts. No more falling buildings!

Back