DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

stability of Nikons FMbs etc

I

innocent

If you are looking for status, quality, versatility and usability in an slr camera, then the name is NIKON

> Agreed! But how does Nikon stand against Leica in SLR cameras? Aren't the german cameras what Nikon used to be before they switched their philosophy to general public taste? I still miss a proper replacement for the F3, that is, a rugged camera with a minimum of electronic aides in the light metering area and TTL flash capability. I've an F100 but it still has way too much electronics most people for sure don't use at all...

>How about the FM3A? I know it is more a replacemant for the FM2 and misses a lot of the stability of the F3, but is has the basic features you are asking for. > The market wanted AF so Nikon created the F4 as a replacement. And now the F5 came for

>Sorry for the interruption (cats wanted to play with the keyboard). What I wanted to say is that with all those electronic ghizmos they have to come up, because "the market" wants them they forget that there are still some weirdos who prefer a nice mechanical camera. > I still wonder how they could shoot pics with something "primitive" like a Rolleiflex decades ago.

I love my FM2 and never would give it away, while I wouldn't care to trade in my F90x for a D100 or Fuji S2. The F90 is for snapshots, the FM2 for photography.

>

Claus, You name it: The FM3A lacks the "stability" of the F3... In this point the F100 is more the sort of body I like to have in my hands. A kind of an F3 with incorporated motor drive and TTL flash capability would suit my taste perfectly. Best regards Carlos

I've been using F3HP's for 20 years and have put more than 10,000 = rolls of film through one without failure--I used an F2AS and a Leica M2 = before that. The F3HP is by far the best of the bunch. It's build is = equal to the Leica plus it offers stepless shutter speeds which comes in = handy if you're shooting transparencies. Available light rarely matches = full stops. The mechanical F3HP is still manufactured and is available = new from Adorama Camera and B&H Video in the US.

type your text here!

The F3HP is not longer produced, but there're a couple..or at least one that have them in stock ( including all the accessories ).
You can find it also on some auctions places on the Internet and in KEH ,in pristine conditions ( and I mean as out of the box )for less than 700.00.

Robert,

The F3HP IS still in production. I bought a new one last week from = Adorama Camera complete with waranty, etc. It's listed on the nikonusa = website and, according to the sales dept. at Nikon, they have no plans = to discontinue it.

type your text here!

F3HP available

Yes, B & H Nikon F3HP USA warranty $1,429.00.

Nikon Catalog Volume 9 only list an FM3A as an entry level manual camera.

Regards:

Gilbert

Back