DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS

I get CA with the OS version, but I think it is a little more focal length dependent...haven't really done much to check that though...

Hello,
I'm looking for a service manual (repair) for Sigma 18-200 mm lens.
Does anyone have these documents in electronic format?
Thanks!

I hope I'm not out of topic.
My (new) Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS's zoom ring is stiffer when rotating around 50-80mm. Is it ok?(at least is annoying)
And the zoom lock should only lock at 18mm?

As with the sharpness, it is indeed verry sharp arround ~18-170mm, and looses it's sharpness a bit after ~170mm.

Attachments

• SDIM0028.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM0028.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 11
  • SDIM0088.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM0088.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 13
Hi copilus,
right,the lock switch only works at 18mm.
The slight resistance you feel around 80mm is normal with a new lens.
It will disappear after a while of use.
My 18-200 seems to be sharp even @200mm
View attachment 1677

Regards
Uwe

Attachments

• libelle 002.jpg
    EXIF
    libelle 002.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 20
Hi All,

The 18-200 performs really well all over its stretch. It sounds unbelievable, but it is true.

As mentioned there is a slight weakness around 35mm. F.4.5 is max aperture. Then you do not reach absolute sharpness up to the very edges.

Just slow down aperture to 5.6 - 6.3 and the problem is fixed for the very few scenes that require perfect sharpness up to the very edges of your picture.

The long 200mm end is finest .... definately! Uwe shows it above .... have another look.

The OS is a dream!

View attachment 1678

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Attachments

• -Spatz auf Palme-.jpg
    EXIF
    -Spatz auf Palme-.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 17
Back