DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sigma Zoom NormalTelephoto 50500

D

darrent

Sigma Zoom Normal-Telephoto 50-500mm f/4-6.3 EX DG HSM

I see this is at b&h for sale but one one else seems to do it for olympus do any of you have any vies on this lense
I want it for sports mainly football. any feed back would be apreiated thank you

Regards
Darren

> I'm not sure if this lens has shipped yet, at least I have not seen any for sale (only for order). Personally, I'd prefer some stabilization at the longer end of the range, but if you are using a tripod it would be a great sports lens on bright days. f 6.3 is a bit dim, but at $1000 USD it seems to be a well-priced lens. I've used plenty of Sigma lenses on OM cameras in the past and I've found them to be worthy at their higher-end - I cannot wait to see how this lens works in practice on the 4/3 cameras.

Cheers! - marc

Back