DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

A rumour but then I have been right twice before

That would be nice, if it's full frame and a few more lenses are introduced in the interim. 12 meg full frame would do quite nicely, even if the competition had advanced to 16 or 18 meg by then (which is more than likely).

I just hope 2005 isn't like the last launch date, which would make it 2007 in reality.

My expectation of Contax digital development remain low. I can't imagine what the digital domain look like in 2007. Mean while, just enjoy what we have and hope for the best.

Happy Holidays to all!

I expect Minolta to do something interesting next year. Perhaps my first ever DSLR would be a Minolta, as was my first film SLR.
happy.gif

Hi everyone.

I had checked with Contax USA in August 2003 about the status of production, and this is the reply that they gave:

Subject: RE: Is N-Digital Discontinued?
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:45:31 -0400

Dear customer,
The N digital is not discontinued.

Contax
2301-200 Cottontail Ln.
Somerset, NJ 08873-2401

So much for customer service and elaboration! I don't know what they have in mind now.

But, I have an N-digital for sale at US$3300. Please see the 2nd-hands classifieds in the Contaxinfo Forum. Thanks.

Actually, according to a Contax official I recently corresponded with concerning my desire to buy a new one,
the Contax US warehouse was burglarized and all the remaining NDs were part of the thieves' dastardly haul.

So, if you see one for a song on e-bay, beware receiving stolen goods.

That Santa lurking in an alley with a Nylon stocking over his head and a pistol in his boot might have granted your Christmas wish Paul.

"Ho, ho, ho...Pssst... you with the camera... want a new fangled digital whichmacallit? $200 cash and it's yours".

Tragedy of it all is that there were some fresh in the box. I wonder what they were going to do with them? Now they're on there way to God knows where. Maybe the nearest dumpster if the sociopaths try to use one and fail to make an image, (like some of us here did at first). : -)

Back