DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Canon EOS 300V

Is there a good comparison anyone has done of canon EOS 300V and Nikon F75. or may be even nikon F80?

So how has the performance of EOS 300V been. Is any one not satisfied with any functioning of the camera..
Please share

EOS300V is not bad for what its costs. It is excellent for beginners. For more advanced users I believe EOS30N/33N/Elan7N/Elan7NE would be better, assuming you are ready to spend more money.

I heard that the mirror movement mechanism at EOS300V has a lifetime of some 10000 exposures (I am not sure about that, please check with others!). That means some 275 rolls of film with 36 exposures per roll. If you shoot 100 rolls / year then the life time for the EOS300V might get quickly exhausted. But for what it has costed it is not so bad and you will have the opportunity to renew your equipment :)) I also heard that the mirror mechanism on EOS3 has a lifetime of 50000 exposures, which is significantly better. I do not know how this situation is rated at EOS30N/33N/Elan7N/Elan7NE. If anybody knows concrete data about this isue it might be interestening to see comments.

The ergonomics - and the cost - of the camera is what makes it stand atop others...( in the same category) however the lens quality does not match the body..
The light weight of the camera is also handy at times..

Back