DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Best Lighting setups for Portraits

G

grimace74

I have recently gotten into doing portraits of individuals and I am beginning to like it, I think I may start doing it as part of my hobby. Up until now I have been relying on outdoor shots for the portraits I take because I am not quite ready to cover the lighting challenge of studio shots. Can anyone give me good simple suggestions for lighting a studio booth for the best portrait settings. Thanks in advance.

Matt from Ohio

Hi Matt

you can use any setup u want. the traditional setup is 1 or 2 soft box 45deg. to the subject when the camera is between the 2 soft box.

there r some nice books in amazon about lighting tech. read them they r full with infomation.

moti

hi matt. make sure when u set up the soft boxes, that u check that their reflection is not in the lens on your camera. if they r, back them up until u don't see them. otherwise, you'll get what i think is referred to as flair.

Back