DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

DP2 Noob here

FoveonX3

Hi, I am new to this forum but not really to photography - been doing that for 40 odd years. A few months back I aquired a DP2 as I friend and I have been intrigued by the Foveon sensor. Its early days for me with the DP2 but its rapidly becoming my camera of choice for static 3/4 portraits. I like to do this with natural window light and finding the results good. Hoping to learn some tricks from you guys!

Thanks

Tim

Tim, hi!
Chris here, pre-noob on the DP-2!
As a pro photographer (now cinematographer) I've been looking very closely at the DP2 - being a M2/35mm Summicron user for many decades, I see the similarities and hope I can live with this camera - mainly in manual mode.
So - if you would be so kind as to post any first thoughts you may have on the DP2, I'd be very grateful!
Are Class 6 cards okay in dump speed? Or is it still very slow?
I'm thinking of using a hoodman or a sock-loupe on the camera too, but it's very early days yet, since I don't even have a camera yet!
And yes, I have friends who are on the LX3, D-lux 4 and the comparison shots I saw onlline with the DP1 were eye-opening, to say the least. And no, I'm not going for an M8-2, need something a little smaller, and guess what, I still have my M2...
Cheers
Chris

Back