DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Paris Lustre

toisondor

Here are a couple of experiments trying to represent the tricky lighting situation in a Paris apartment. I tried a couple different white balance settings-both of which seem to work (although, maybe not right next to each other).

SD14, ISO 50, 18-50mm EX @28 and @46 respectively (both cropped), the first at F2.8 .3s, the second at F9 2.5s.

Jesse

Attachments

• ParisLustre03-s.jpg
    EXIF
    ParisLustre03-s.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 16
  • ParisLustre02-s.jpg
    EXIF
    ParisLustre02-s.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 19
Hi Jesse,
great job
you picked a difficult one,the dynamic range is wide,so giving the camera a hard time.:)
Only you can decide whether the colours (WB) are right,to me,both look ok.
Regards
Uwe

Very beautiful pics Jesse,
I like how the metallic surfaces turned out. My sister lives in Paris, and she's got a little cubbyhole of an apartment, and no fancy lighting!

Thanks for the comments. I forgot to mention that both shots were at EV +3.0. I never would have thought to do that had it not been for this group!

This little chandelier (with all but two bulbs burned out) has a hard time fighting against the darkness of the large sitting room. That's part of what I was trying to capture.

Meanwhile, it's not my apartment, but I will be in Paris for the next several weeks (business) and I think I'll find it hard to resist putting up more pictures. I'll be processing them on my small laptop, so I hope they come out okay.

Jesse

Back