DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

The Moon II (Lot's O-Pictures)

tc95

Attachments

• SD14 & Nikkor 800mm.jpg
    EXIF
    SD14 & Nikkor 800mm.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 8
  • SD14 & Nikkor 800mm - 2.jpg
    EXIF
    SD14 & Nikkor 800mm - 2.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 4
Summary...

I could get crazier with the TC's....but decided the 3x was far enough for now... :z04_smileys26:

Up-until I used the Kenko teleconverter....I really did not see a big difference looking thru the viewfinder....the Kenko is the softest of the three...then I would have to say the Tamron would rank second...and the TC-301 was actually really sharp...

I hope you enjoyed the pictures....

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Tony,

You don't need to be concerned over hi-jacking a thread that I started. These are all public discussions and I do not feel like those I start are specifically owned by me.

On to your photos, My first impression and what surprised me first is the contrast between the flat seas and mountainous regions, especially for such a full Moon phase. The actual clarity is also amazing for all the configurations, especially since these are single, unstacked, exposures. (Do correct me if you've done any stacking) You've certainly have what it takes to be a Lunar Photographer. :z02_respekt:

I hope you don't mind the suggestion, but I feel you may want to submit one of these to NASA's "Astronomy Picture of the Day" web site. A pair of professional astronomers, Robert Nemiroff and Jerry Bonnell, created and have maintained the APOD since 1995 and it's archive contains the largest collection of annotated astronomical images on the internet. They accept submissions from both amateur and professional astronomers. The big plus for your images is how they were produced, since I've seen some published photos which could not achieve your clarity with out stacking.

I suggest that you check out the About APOD page and the information regarding submitting photos is at the bottom of the page:

About APOD

Again, :z02_respekt: Very Good Work :z02_respekt:

I'll take a look at the site tonight....since we will have a full moon tonight....I wanted to try a few of the TC stacking combinations....and see if I can get shots of some of the craters....

I did not stack the images...they are all done with one shot...

Thanks for the suggestions.....What I am really hoping to do is get my equatorial up....so I can take a long exposure of the moon..over a 20sec to 30sec...to see what types of details come out....

That will happen in the next few months...

Tony C.

Holy Smokes!

Incredible pictures, I've never seen those colors come out in any moon pic before. The reds and the blues...
Your set-up looks like a laser cannon out of Star Wars!
Thanks for sharing, you should consider selling those pics!

Very nice. At first glance that lens looks like a telescope, not just a really big lens, lol.

Can't wait to see even more close pictures.

Back