DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

G3 or G5

> So why hasn't Moore's Law applied where the 1Ds is concerned - 1 year =20=

> on and still at the same price - NO competition is probably the =20 > answer. I don't regret buying it (Feb 2003). Note I also went Mac G5 =20=

> DP as soon as it came out - I no longer believe in the "wait a little =20=

> bit and prices will fall argument" - as you say, get what you need =20 > when you need it and accept that the commercial environment may change = =20 > rapidly - the most important thing is BE ON TOP - ALL THE TIME. That =20=

> is keep ahead of the game and plan for it in advance. Otherwise you'll = =20 > be the guy who get's left behind waiting for the next best thing that =20=

> may never happen!.

Hi Achim, looked at all the posts I have been a canon man for 20 plus years the G3 is a good camera with some annoying features view finder to small lens obscurs view finder, shutter lag is a bit of a killer. I bought a 300D its very good image quality but the lenses are an issue interms of what you have to carry around to cover the different ranges I now think I should have bought the Olympus 5060W as an all round light weight travel camera very hard to better, and a good price.
regards Tr

Does anyone know if there are any cheaper options than the Canon CR560 In Car Charger? I am off to Europe and don't really want to spend the best part of £100 on an in-car charger for my G3 batteries.

Also, I am getting a bit irritated with the delay time between taking shots with the G3. By the time the camera is ready to take another picture the moment has gone!

Any advice again welcomed.

Mike

Back