DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Editing a post

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I edit a post?
You need to click on "Edit". Secondary editing is possible within 10 minutes. Further editing is not allowed.
2023-04-10_08-08-06.jpg

So, only within 10 minutes, that is where I am going wrong and can't see the edit button. Seems a bit limiting as other sites allow editing for much longer like at FM you can edit at any time but with a link to the pre-edited version. That would be a better system.

So, only within 10 minutes, that is where I am going wrong and can't see the edit button. Seems a bit limiting as other sites allow editing for much longer like at FM you can edit at any time but with a link to the pre-edited version. That would be a better system.
This also happens on the pentaxforums . You can do this at any time, but you must write the reason for editing and this reason is reflected under the photo. On the other hand, 10 minutes is a bit more disciplined and forces you to be more responsible when writing your post )

This also happens on the pentaxforums . You can do this at any time, but you must write the reason for editing and this reason is reflected under the photo. On the other hand, 10 minutes is a bit more disciplined and forces you to be more responsible when writing your post )
All I did was forget to write on my photo post that it is best to click on the image to see at full size. I mean, we all forget to do things especially when it isn't an aspect of posting that I normally have to say.

How do I edit a post?

As long as you do not hit the "post reply" button, you have 24 hours. The software always back up your writing every 90 seconds or so. You can also manually save the text with the icon on the top right hand corner within the textbox.

AFTER you hit the reply button, you have 10 minutes.

All I did was forget to write on my photo post that it is best to click on the image to see at full size.

In case you see a mistake i.e. 2 days later, simply PM a moderator and he will fix it for you.

But please not for all spelling mistakes. They are not important and that would be too much work for the moderators ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back