DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

G'day from Stonewall, Canada

Hi
Names Russ. I just bought myself a CFV-16 back cause they are so cheap now (lol). I have been a Hasselblad user for a few years. I do a bit of wedding photography and portrait work. Getting into more landscapes and sports. I am from Canada, so I love hockey! Hope to post some pics soon, just waiting for the rest of my gear to show up.

Take Care
Russ

welcome!

so how much did you pay for it?

i've been recently printing analogue colour (from analog enlarger) and discovering film's potential...

now more than ever i see no reason for a digital back (sorry to rain on your parade and enjoy the CFV)

Thats cool. Digital or film, I love'm both! I traded about 4300 bucks worth of Canon gear for it. Not a "great" deal but average. I switched to Nikon for low light and reception photos and planning to use the Hasselblad system as my main "formals" camera and landscape. So no use for Canon for me. I liked the Canon stuff but I have ALWAYS been a Hasselblad guy. Square Rules!! lol.

Not better. I always prefered the Nikon system over Canon cause of its controls, colours and Dynamic range. I think noise levels are pretty comparable in class' of camera. Its more a personal choice these days. If Fuji ever makes an S6pro or equiv, I would drop everything for it. You can't beat the colours of the Fuji S5pro. I miss that camera, but at 8x10 every image was a little soft. Too many things neede to be in line to keep it a 12Mp camera too. Even over iso800 it would only use the R-pixels. Oh, well...........great noise control. Iso 3200 looked great on the S5. Lifes rough, eh, lol.

Back