DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

A former DPReview visitor from the UK

cjf2

When viewing photographs taken by others, I like to know where photographers are based so as there is no place in the profile to put it I'm posting it here. I started off photographing slides of aircraft back in the day, changed to steam railways and added birds and wildlife when digital made it possible and cheap. I have travelled a fair bit chasing steam and birds. I enjoy taking photographs for my self rather than to show other people but my subject choice was widened by entering the challenges on DPR.
I'm afraid I tend not to comment widely and don't knowingly post likes (as the big data people can tell too much about you from your likes). I discovered this might be perceived as rudeness in the modern online world but I'm too old for all that! If the pictures I see posted are good, be assured that I enjoy them, albeit quietly. I try to offer suggestions when I have something to contribute and some people don't like that either. Sorry if my attempts to help cause upset, that is never my intention.

Back