DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Post Your Nikon One Photos Here

Box Man

I suppose now is as good as time as any other to create one of these types of threads though I'm hardly the person to start such a thing.

At any rate, let's have fun reaching some goals, e.g., 100 photos, 200, etc. (Why not?). :z04-tujxsmus:

7FC88CC2-176E-46FC-AF55-230E7AA36125.jpeg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON 1 V1
  • 32.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.2
  • 1/30 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 2500

We have a visitor who has come in the late hours of the evening.

Nice colors here, Rich! I love peppers of all sizes, shapes, and spicinesses. Are these of the local Arizona variety?
I'm not sure other than they are of the local supermarket variety. I had just received my 32/1.2 and needed to try it out, so I took it along to the market less than a mile away.

Thanks! Any variety is a good variety. LOL

Wow! You got your hands on a 32mm f1.2? This is a recent purchase, I presume. That is awesome! Now you can do some low light shooting with more confidence in your gear. Looking forward to seeing your stuff.

I like both posted shots so far. The Wall fits into my long time interest in Entropy's inspired by an old science fiction books titled What Entropy Means to Me.

I got the 32/1.2 way back in December of 2019. So I should be out tying for more night stuff but I can't think of any place to go locally, or else I'm already in bed asleep when it gets dark out!

I like both posted shots so far. The Wall fits into my long time interest in Entropy's inspired by an old science fiction books titled What Entropy Means to Me.

I got the 32/1.2 way back in December of 2019. So I should be out tying for more night stuff but I can't think of any place to go locally, or else I'm already in bed asleep when it gets dark out!
Thanks again, Rich! Of course, what was I thinking? If I remember correctly, and this post did jog my memories, you have just about every N1 lens ever created.

I'm glad that something I did fits into your experiences, in one way or another. Sci-Fi novels are great! You seem to know a lot about them, much much more than me. I've been a serious reader of the classics. Most of my favorite writers are European and Japanese though I do love many American writers, as well.

Sometimes sleep is more important than late night photo excursions into the abyss. Sometimes. o_O

Thanks again, Rich! Of course, what was I thinking? If I remember correctly, and this post did jog my memories, you have just about every N1 lens ever created.
Almost. What I don't have is - either of the AW lenses, the 11-27.5, and the 10-100 PD. When I was seduced by a cheap J1 with 10-30 I decided to build out an N12 system while good condition lenses and bodies were still around.

I'm glad that something I did fits into your experiences, in one way or another. Sci-Fi novels are great! You seem to know a lot about them, much much more than me. I've been a serious reader of the classics. Most of my favorite writers are European and Japanese though I do love many American writers, as well.
I used to read a lot of Sci-Fi but ran out of time to do it around the mid 70's. but I still kept buying books to read when I reached geezer status (some time ago now). So I've got hundreds of cheap paperbacks found in used bookstores on shelves waiting to be read. By now though a lot of those books would simply crumble if I dared open them. Plus my wife has managed to get me reading mysteries and police procedurals instead.

Sometimes sleep is more important than late night photo excursions into the abyss. Sometimes. o_O
I suppose that if I lived nearer the center of town and if we had rain to make reflective surfaces I'd try more of that. This is about as close to that as I can manage near my house (V3 with 18.5)

Knox and 44th St by Richard Ditch, on Flickr

Back