DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Elcheapo Oly Manual Lens test on E500 Body

> Looks like you're having some fun. Though I service OM, I also use an E-500. BTW, it is the 55mm f1.2 that has a "radioactive" element, not the 1.4. John www.zuiko.com

Hi John, Thanks for the correction; I'll fix the article! Do you know why they would use rare-earth elements in lenses? I recently bought an OM 10 as well, doing the reverse of you
happy.gif
- I shot a roll of film with it, and when I popped it in to be developed, it came back and the whole roll was unexposed! Do you know why this might happen? Is there something wrong with my OM10 body?

> I don't know much about the 55/1.2. It is not regarded as the sharpest knife in the box and many fo them suffer from oily diapghram blades. Your OM-10: If it's negative (print) film and got no exposure, then film would be blank (clear). There is a chance that the film slipped off the takeup spool and therfore did not transport through the camera. After loading, gently turn the rewind knobclockwise until there is some tension. Then wind the shutter and watch the rewind knob. Knob should turn as film is pulled out of the cartridge.

Back