DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

My Workflow For Contax N Digital

OH MY ! And here I've been using my 360 TLA with the ND set in manual mode all this time.

I had better double check this.

Marc, read page 67 of the manual, basically, the camera will set the aperture to whatever it thinks is good=20

> Marc,

I know you have a wicked sense of humour, but don't you do alot of "fast and furious" shooting? If you are shooting in Manual mode, do you really manage the time to recalc the aperature, based on distance, depending on focal length ... and do you compensate by decreasing the ISO rating to keep from blowing out highlights?

michael.

Michael, you misunderstood. I use the flash in TTL and the camera in Manual mode. Outdoors for fill I use Aperture preferred. But when shooting in lower light I use a fairly slow shutter speed and a wide open lens, with the flash set on TTL. I sometimes adjust the +/- compensation on the flash depending on distance to subject. Minus if I'm pretty close to the bride, and plus if the subject is farther away.

Hey! This is a workflow thread - no flash talk please! (KIDDING!).

Marc, out of curiosity, how come you save the TIFFs with no compression? Both LZW and ZIP compression are lossless, so no worries of degradation, and you get significant savings in space. ZIP is usually more efficient than LZW.

Cheers,

DJ

>=20 >=20 >=20 > [My ND is working great with metering. The flash TLA 360 is not so good = and > over or under exposed often. Regards, Kaisern] >=20 >=20 >=20

Back