DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

A rumour but then I have been right twice before

Hhmmm .... non-traditional camera-brand-names..... hmmm I guess that must be a hint....

Pim

Dirk

I quote: "But as long as we have not a stronger confirmation, we do not want to heaten up the internet world with this."

Dirk my dear chap, yes we do! It is what makes life worth living for many of us. Rumour and speculation fill in the time between one outrageously expensive purchase and the next, a time that would be unbearably long without something to fill it ;-)

Simon
Simon

A DSLR from Contax for less than $2000, I would jump on it as I have sunk myself deep into the Contax AF lenses. As long as it has at least 6meg and full frame, it would be good enough for the price for me. After all, I will still shoot films for a long long time.

Albert

You may be asking too much for a full frame sensor in a sub-$2,000 camera. Those sensors are quite expensive.

Simon

simon, i will settle for a canon 10d equivalent, if contax can deliver = a caon 10d like camera, they got a winner. i have done test shot nd vs 10d = and pretty much the same (nd jpeg with little processing, 10d raw using = capture one)=20

The 10D is an attractive DSLR. I have considered it given the price/value. Since I have 6 Contax AF lenses. I better stick with the Contax system. Carl Zeiss is reason I dropped my Nikon systems three years ago.

I agree full frame sensor for a sub $2k camera is asking too much now. In time, it will be possible. It may not be the next ND version, but I can always wait until I feel comfortable with $/value.

On the other, 1.3x, like the future R9/R8 digital back, is not too bad. It actually might be better off in image quality especially I have heard all these digital capture issues for wide angle lens. I can be wrong on this one.

Simon,

Your response to Dirk is hilarious:
"Dirk my dear chap, yes we do! It is what makes life worth living for many of us. Rumor and speculation fill in the time between one outrageously expensive purchase and the next, a time that would be unbearably long without something to fill it."

A Great Classic Remark.

Howard

Hi Simon,

sorry, this was a misunderstanding. I meant we (as owners of Contaxinfo.com) do not want to put the heat in it by telling it under our name too early.

If the users are doing it, its of course their own decision. So you were not meant with it. But we (in person) can only talk about rumours, if we can be more sure about it than we are it at present time.

I think I am too tired to express it more clearly, just came back from a business trip. But I hope you get the point...

Dirk

Back