DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Domke F803 or Billingham Hadley for G2 system

G

I'm looking for a slim (rather than boxy) satchel-style bag that could accommodate a G2/28/45/90/TLA280/Hoods and filters system, along with film and the usual accessories, and maybe one more lens. The Domke and the Billingham are my two main candidates. If anyone has any thoughts on the respective merits of these bags (or other suggestions) please let me know.

By the way, B&H is now selling a black ballistic nylon Contax bag for the G2 system, for around $80. Has anyone used or seen this?

Thanks,

Kirk

My shop has ordered some new stuff on the Photokina .... I'm waiting for a ´Crumpler´, medium.

I purchased a Contax-maunfactured "G System Bag" made of leather on eBay recently which works quite well. The bag is able to hold a G2 body, 28, 45 and 90mm lenses with hoods on each, a 21mm lens and viewfinder in their case, a TLA 200 strobe in its case, a Leica adjustable polarizer in its case, a couple of filters, the remote strobe cord and the user's manual. There's not much room for anything else--not even a few rolls of film. But the system case does hold the entire system in a smallish, elegantly-crafted lockabke leather bag.

The bag has been discontinued by Contax and to my knowledge is only available in places like eBay or possibly from a camera dealer who may have one new or used. Be careful to look only for the "G System Bag"; there is a smaller leather bag st&ed with "G1 System", which is smaller than the bag I'm referring to.

Contax also has a couple of their "briefcase-style" leather system bags left in their inventory in the Parts Department. They are also elgant leather system bags, but unbelievably pricey at somewhere between $500-600.

Back