DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

So, where are the Panny guys from DP?

I was one, in the early days when the L1, LX3 and LX5 were popular. Still have the LX3 and LX5 siting on a shelf, can't discard them but haven't used them for several years now.

I was one, in the early days when the L1, LX3 and LX5 were released. Still have the LX3 and LX5 siting on a shelf, can't discard them but haven't used them for several years now. What was epic with these - for compacts - was their lens and its ability to do low-light landscapes wide open at f/2 with crazy exposures - the one of the Milky Way for example, I put it on a rock, 40 seconds at ISO 400 at f/2.Sure its not DSLR quality but still better than what an iPhone 14 does, 14 years later. Three from travels in New Zealand, back then which were once on DPR.

Attachments

• P1010256 (1).jpeg
    EXIF
    P1010256 (1).jpeg
    962.2 KB · Views: 14
  • P1010563.jpeg
    EXIF
    P1010563.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • Lake Pukaki Panorama.jpeg
    EXIF
    Lake Pukaki Panorama.jpeg
    458.2 KB · Views: 13
Are Leica C type 112 people welcome here?

I believe that it is a clone of a Panasonic compact but I can't remember the model number.

Tedolph

OK... an oldie from DPR days (2009) - LX3, sunset over Lake Wakatipu, NZ, with the Remarkables in the distance.

P1010256 (1).jpeg
  • Panasonic - DMC-LX3
  • 12.8 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/25 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200

And a pano, Lake Pukaki early morning, with the McKenzie range at the back, 3 frames handheld using an LX3, stitched. The full-size version even shows the moon setting.
Lake Pukaki Panorama.jpeg

And lastly, the LX3 could do something with the Milky Way. Sure, it's no DSLR, its a single frame, no stacking. From Mt Cook airfield, perched on a rock, 40 secs ISO400 at f/2. One of the Magellanic clouds at top left, and facing southwest it shows the familiar southern constellations and Eta Car (pink nebula below centre) southern cross, pointers, and the running emu (upside down).
P1010563.jpeg
  • Panasonic - DMC-LX3
  • 5.1 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 40 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 400

... from my LX5... Centrepiece in our lounge, a Sydney Rock Orchid...
P1070552.jpeg
  • Panasonic - DMC-LX5
  • 5.1 mm
  • ƒ/2.5
  • 1/5 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200

My son learning to ride, GX85 with Panasonic GX 35-100 f/2.8 at 100mm...
P1110291.jpeg
  • Panasonic - DMC-GX85
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/800 sec
  • Spot
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200

Back