DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Filter & Lens Hood for Zeiss 28/ f2.8 MM Distagon

G

Contax does not advise using a filter when the G-12 lens hood is mounted because of vignetting. However, I prefer to use the lens with a UV filter primarily to protect the lens. Has anyone tried to use the hood with one of the newer thin filters available from Heliopan or other manufacturers? Thanks for any advice on this.
Dennis

> I'm very interested in vignetting of various filters w/ the 28 f2.8 MM and G-12 hood as well. I just purchased this lens and shot a series of tests w/ my available filters, none of which are the new thin ones. Haven't gotten the contacts back yet. Hope someone has some info about this.

Lyn McCoy-Tupaz

>Dear Lyn,

I recommend one of the new "slim-line" filters and the old Minolta Hood for= the MC 3,5/28, screw in type 55 mm. Even goes with the 2,8/25.

Good luck!

>Dear Dennis,

I recommend one of the new "slim-line" filters and the old Minolta Hood for= the MC 3,5/28, screw in type 55 mm. Even goes with the 2,8/25.=20

Good luck!=20

There's a dedicated rubber hood available from Contax i.e. the G-12.

Hi guys. I am an amateur and I also had this problem with this lens, combining the G-12 hood plus a B+W filter. One day I bought a new b+w filter for my 135 mm and I was given a b+w filter that without being a slim line was a bit thinner than the normal ones. From that day on I am using this filter with the G-12 hood and no problems of vignetting. Hope this helps. JUAN.

Back