DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Fujifilm X-T20 wireless shutter release set up.

grsnovi

DPRF-Patron
Not a Fuji user or android user. Do these steps seem familiar? I assume that your phone has found and connected to your camera? Is your version of Android newer than 6.0?

I am not sure what version android I have, and not sure how to find it, in settings I suppose. Just a couple questions...In the fuji app, it asks name of device, I am not sure if it is asking for my T20, right now it shows my android as the name of device. however, I changed it to T20 as name of device, and it didn't work. Also, I am not sure if I am supposed to use my phone wireless ( Verizon), or it gave the option to use fuji, however it doesn't give that option now.

Not a Fuji user or android user. Do these steps seem familiar? I assume that your phone has found and connected to your camera? Is your version of Android newer than 6.0?
Thanks grsnovi, I am not sure how it worked, but I think save location is what made the difference. I can now choose live view shooting, and it works!

It looks like my version for my phone is J7.
I guess you should have solved your problem already.

However in order to know the Android version of your Samsung phone, you should access to the System information through Option. I am currently using Samsung A21S (an old model of few years old already), however more or the same it should be similar to yours:

On the Home Page, pull down the option menu:
x01.jpg

You should have entered the System Menu, scroll down to the bottom of the Menu:
x02.jpg

Select the "About Phone":
x03.jpg

Scroll down to the "Software information":
x04.jpg

Hit on it you can find the "Android Version" of your camera:
x05.jpg

Wishing the above might help you in future.

Thanks Albert, I managed to stumble my way with the help of some on this forum. Thanks for showing me how to access that info.

I guess you should have solved your problem already.

However in order to know the Android version of your Samsung phone, you should access to the System information through Option. I am currently using Samsung A21S (an old model of few years old already), however more or the same it should be similar to yours:

On the Home Page, pull down the option menu:
View attachment 1958

You should have entered the System Menu, scroll down to the bottom of the Menu:
View attachment 1959

Select the "About Phone":
View attachment 1960

Scroll down to the "Software information":
View attachment 1961

Hit on it you can find the "Android Version" of your camera:
View attachment 1962

Wishing the above might help you in future.
By the way,..I followed your info, and my Android version is 8.1.0...Thanks again!

Back