DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Neuchatel through a Helios 44-2

samuelh

Attachments

• Play-0658_01.JPG
    EXIF
    Play-0658_01.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Play-0653_01.JPG
    EXIF
    Play-0653_01.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Play-0611_01.JPG
    EXIF
    Play-0611_01.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 12
There seems to be a very distinct green cast in those pics. Maybe it has something to do with the lens?

Sincere regards, JR

Portfolio: www.pbase.com/jrdigitalart

You're right - I never actually noticed. I'm still having problems with my white balance or whether the camera has a slight yellow cast as I seem to be compensating or maybe even overcompensating for it. I'll upload some examples in the weekend as any advice would be welcomed. The helios (and the SD14) produces some really interesting results and I love it!

Cheers,
Sam

Sam,

Are you shooting in RAW...??? if you are play with the WB a bit in the SPP program....that might let you correct the problem....

I had an issue with green when I first got my SD14....and since have fixed it...just playing with the EV values.....

Good luck...

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

No not at all - you have definitely improved them. I just bought a Spydercube to try and help with my white balance as I seem to have trouble getting it right with the SD14. I've never had trouble before with my D70. It's one helluva learning curve, the SD14 as well as the SPP software. I actually use NX2 as well and didn't think to move the SPP shots into NX2 (which I really love with the NEF files). Thanks very much for demonstrating what more could be done to the shots.

Cheers,
Sam

Sam,

The work-flow I use....SPP to convert the Raw to JPG files...and touch them up in SPP first...then move them to NX2 and play with them as JPG's there...then if I still need spacific things done...I use PS or Lightroom....

I usually stop at NX2....

I look forward to more shots..

Sam,

The work-flow I use....SPP to convert the Raw to JPG files...and touch them up in SPP first...then move them to NX2 and play with them as JPG's there...then if I still need spacific things done...I use PS or Lightroom....

I usually stop at NX2....

I look forward to more shots..

As Steaphany pointed out in another thread, if doing further post processing after SPP, it might be somewhat better to export from SPP as TIFF, and only convert to JPEG as the very last step of the workflow. Then one isn't adjusting a lossy image.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone and I will move to tif editing from jpegs. I'm still having trouble with my colours. I'm working on this pano
View attachment 1778
and I'm still not happy with the colour - i'll start from scratch again and edit as tif and see whether I'm happier

Cheers,
Sam

Attachments

• Lac Neuch 260609 pano_1_01.JPG
    EXIF
    Lac Neuch 260609 pano_1_01.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 12
Sam,

Like Tony did earlier, I was curious about finding image locations where I could reference a correct white balance and see if I could measure the exact white error. I saved off the uploaded pano from your post but the resulting jpg could not be opened by IrfanView, Photoshop, GIMP, and Paint Shop Pro.

Within Firefox, the image is displayed fine.

FYI, within SPP, there is a eye dropper color picker which allows you to select a point in the image to reference a white balance point. You can save and reapply the corrections to all the images prior to saving as Tifs for stitching.

Back