DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Cliffside fall

Fliger747

Along the Franz Joseph Galcier Valley, small cliffside falls.

Franz Joseph, NZ

150 Sonnar, Hassy 500CM, CFV50.

T

Attachments

• base franz J falls_0252.jpg
    EXIF
    base franz J falls_0252.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 43
Sunrise, Mountains at Franz Joseph NZ.

150 Cf Sonnar, Hassy 500CM, CFV50, is a pan of several photos, original Tiff is 541 MB.

T

Attachments

• FJ Mountains sunrise.jpg
    EXIF
    FJ Mountains sunrise.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 32
The terminus of the Fox Glacier, South Island NZ. 50 mm FLE, CFV 50.

Because of the clouds, I like this one better in BW than Color. Har to get much of an idea of these from the postage stamp images...

Cheers: T

Attachments

• terminus fox glacier_BW.jpg
    EXIF
    terminus fox glacier_BW.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 34
I like you picture of the glacier.
It does well as BW, and I think it hade been even better in slighly bigger format.

Thanks for the comments! Yes the Hasselblad images really shine in large prints. I think my Epson 3800 which can only print 17" wide may be too small. Even on a 21" screen, there was a very small black speck, zooming into pixel level it was a clearly defined helicopter, with another behind it!

You do start to find the limits of your lenses and techniques. I am wondering (and hope to find out soon) how the CFV50 works for aerial photography. I have for a number of years been doing aerial work around Denali, 6300 m which is about 200 km form my home. The Canon 5DII has been doing quite well. What I am wondering is if the ability of the Canon to use higher ISO values well to get high shutter speeds, and the IS will still keep it in the same league as the Hassy for this application. I used to shoot aerial with this camera back in the film days, so am hopeful!

Best regards from Alaska! T

On the road right now wit a dead laptop HD, so no ability to post photos till I get home. Got chased off from photographing the Royal Hawiian in Hono the other day by Edward, who was actually a nice guy. Amazing about some places that don't want to be photographed. Perhaps they want money?

Cheers from Sydney. Tom

Lovely images. Thanks. Olof is right. The glaciers, due to their size, 50-100m if I recall, really need big projection. Still great images.

For a 16 bit color image, the CFV50 pops out something like a 250 MB Tiff. Terra bite drives no longer seem huge. Wasn't so many years ago I hadn't even heard of a TB.

Cheers. T

Back