DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

24mm viewfinder problems

M

Mimi

Help! Last year I bought a nice 24/2.8 and I like the lens. But one drawback: Sometimes I wrongly focus through the variable viewfinder - and the later picture only shows part of what I intended to get. Especially in close-up situations. Any ideas how to improve my focusing?

I use the dedicated 24 finder. No "attempting to focus" through that. = I never take my left hand off the lens. I do have a multifinder and use = it only with my 21. Have, on occasion, caught myself reaching with my = left hand and turning the ring to "focus" with the multifinder when = viewing through it, then remember what I'm doing and re-check settings. = It's a matter of using the gear enough for actions to become = reactions/instincts. Please alert me if I misunderstood your post or if = you'd like to chat off list.

Sorry Greg, you misunderstood "focus". In terms of metering etc. I use the camera viewfinder. But to frame the picture, I use the 21/24/28 viewfinder on top of my camera. And then it happens, that I do not see on the photo what I thought I framed through the viewfinder. I guess I look wrongly through the viewfinder - any tips to avoid this?
Thanks.

Back